Mission and Vision
“Equip church Youth Leaders to evangelize and disciple the world’s youth through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, guided by the Word of God in the power of the Holy Spirit."
“The vision of the Great Commission Youth Ministry consultancy is to assist and encourage Christian leaders to understand that the Great Commission should, by-in-large, be a Youth movement that is constantly reaching, discipling and mentoring the youth generation in every people group of the world.”
Vision Goals and Methods
1. Provide Church leadership consultation that equips and trains Christian Youth Leaders how to establish a Great Commission Youth Ministry in their church. A “Great Commission Youth Ministry is one whose focus is a balance of the Great Commission and the Great Commandment.” Great Commission: Go into all the World and Preach the Gospel to every creature, baptizing in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey all things that Jesus taught. Great Commandment: "Love the Lord God with all your Heart, Soul, and Strength, and love your neighbor as yourself.”
2. Provide mission agencies with the strategies needed to focus on youth ministry efforts that evangelize and "disciple" the youth generation (especially the 10-29 age group).
3. Provide the youth themselves with opportunities and training in order to become spiritually mature disciples of Jesus and become disciple makers themselves.
4. Teach Youth Leaders and youth to become “World Christians.” A “World Christian” is someone who balances the Great Commission with the Great Commandments in their daily walk with Christ.
5. “Train the Trainers” of youth leaders for the multiplication of quality church youth leaders through all means possible while never compromising the Scriptures; including online, local conferences and seminars, academic programs in Bible colleges and seminaries, along with printed and electronic training material.
6. Assist youth leaders and training schools with providing textbooks for training.
7. Provide translation and printing of Youth Ministry training books and resources in native languages.
8. Recruit and provide Youth Ministry trainers for local and international youth conferences and adjunct professors/teachers for local and international seminaries and Bible colleges.
9. Provide financial support for national youth leaders as needed to train others as funds are available.
Great Commission Youth Ministry was started by Dr. Randy Smith, a veteran church youth pastor for more than 30 years. Dr. Smith has been a youth ministry professor and National and International trainer of local church youth workers...
Statement of Faith
We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory, executing distinct and harmonious offices in the work of redemption.